This past weekend, more than 170,000 fans gathered in San Diego for a litany of exciting teaser trailers, industry announcements, A-list panels, and a celebration of all things geek! Here are the absolute best moments from this year’s Comic-Con.
- Samuel L. Jackson showed up at the event wearing sunglasses, but you could totally tell it was him.
- Discount travel junkies turned out in huge numbers to see Priceline.com spokesman William Shatner.
- A room of about 20,000 people all abruptly started chanting “Dr. Who! Dr. Who!” continuously for about two hours for no reason. No cast members from Dr. Who showed up.
- The Walking Dead showrunner Scott Gimple revealed that, due to a recent corporate partnership, the zombies on the show will now occasionally moan the word “Pepsi.”
- DC revealed plans for expanded universe that includes you, the reader.
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson revealed that if anyone else is down, he could probably eat.
- A bird got in!
- Johns Hopkins researchers teased the 2014 melanoma statistics. The full report is currently scheduled for a Christmas release.
- Marvel formally announced its intention to add “ous” to the end of its name.